Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Tool Two: Creating a new PLN

I have just commented on a blog as part of increasing my personal learning network. Since I am a teacher, I don't really have any problems sharing my opinions in public. I also think that a professional network can be an effective and valuable asset to any professional, regardless of field. However, all such networks are subject to network externality - the notion that their effectiveness increases as their usage and membership increases. Without a systemic and institutional effort to create such a community, it is unlikely to take hold from school to school.

That said, I plan on visiting the dy/dan math blog from time to time.

1 comment:

  1. I wholeheartedly agree! SBISD has tried to create this community for several years now. It really boils down to what a teacher is or isn't comfortable with.

    ReplyDelete